We are going to supercharge your normal overnight steel cut oat recipe with extra protein and nutrients! This is a great recipe that has a variety of options that allow you to drastically change the flavor profile. Also are included are directions to cook and eat instantly, ’cause ain’t nobody got time to wait all night for their food…
- 1 cup large flaked gluten free rolled oats
- 1 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 scoop vanilla protien powder
- 3 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1/4 cup sweetener (pure honey, maple syrup, or agave)
- 1 banana, mashed
- 1 tablespoon ground chia
- 1 cup raspberries OR 1 cup blueberries
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Optional Toppings: almond butter, almonds, seeds, dried fruits, fresh fruits (we love bananas), etc
Directions (for overnight oats):
Prepare your quinoa according to package directions. In a medium bowl combine oats, quinoa, protein powder, chia seeds, cinnamon, and sweetner of choice and stir to combine. Add in mashed banana, berries, and peaches. Pour in almond milk, and mix ingredients together. Place in the fridge and leave overnight.
In the morning, remove from the fridge, heat on the stove top or in the microwave, or enjoy cold! If you find the mixture is too thick in the morning just add in some extra almond milk.
Directions if eating immediately:
Prepare your quinoa and steel cut oats according to package directions. Mix the quinoa into the oats along with all of your fruit, chia and sweetener. Add almond butter or other toppings. We love fresh bananas and almond butter!