This is a variation on my favorite smoothie of all time – David’s Green Smoothie. Using the pineapple instead of berries will give you you a different flavor profile and another tool in your green smoothie arsenal.
- 1 handful fresh spinach or kale
- 6 baby carrots or 1 full size carrot
- 1/2 half cup frozen pineapple
- 1/2 half of a raw banana (can also use frozen banana for extra creaminess)
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optimum nutrition gold standard is my recommendation)
- un-sweetened vanilla almond milk OR water (the choice here is based on taste vs. calories)
Throw everything into a blender and blend until you reach the desired consistency. This shake for me normally fills about 3/4 of a large shaker bottle if you are looking for a comparison.